Bioidentical Hormones | BHRT in San Francisco
As people enter into middle age (approximately 35 years), many hormone levels may begin to decline (some decline earlier, some later). This decline:
- May affect quality-of-life
- May contribute to certain diseases and
- May negatively affect normal body functions.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Facts
Hormones that decline with aging may include:
- Estrogens (women)
- Progesterone (women)
- Testosterone (women and men)
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone, women and men)
- Somatotropin (growth hormone) and IGF-1 (women and men)
- Melatonin (women and men)
- Thyroid hormone (less common, when occurs is usually in women, sometimes in men)
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
After a complete evaluation to determine that a deficiency or insufficiency of hormones exists, a recommendation for replacing them may be made. However, only bio-identical hormones are prescribed at California Longevity and Vitality Medical Institute®. This means that the hormones would be natural and identical to those originally produced in the human body—nothing that has been chemically synthesized and altered in a laboratory or that is from an animal that isn’t identical to the human hormone. For additional explanation, see the Female Menopause section.
Note that some hormones increase with aging in some people, notably insulin andcortisol. If abnormally increased, part of the patient’s treatment plan would include ways to help decrease those hormone levels into a more healthy range.
Please call (415) 986-1300 to learn more about Bio-Identical Hormore Replacement Therapy today.