What is Preventive Medicine?
Preventive Medicine means seeking out and treating diseases, conditions and risk factors early on - before they become bigger problems that are more difficult to treat - and achieving lifestyle changes that decrease risk factors and the risk of diseases. This would include:
- Preventive Cardiology (preventing heart conditions by treating abnormal lipids (cholesterol, others), inflammation, high blood pressure, diabetes/ pre-diabetes/ insulin resistance, obesity/ increased weight/ increased body-mass index, and “metabolic syndrome”)
- Preventive Neurology (by delaying or decreasing the risk of memory loss, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, and other chronic brain conditions)
- Preventive Oncology (decreasing the risk of future cancer or finding cancer early when small and easier to cure)
- Preventive ‘Musculoskeletology’ (decreasing muscle loss and bone loss, while maintaining joint integrity and mobility, while avoiding or minimizing arthritis and back and neck pain)
- Preventing or Minimizing Decline in 'Quality-of-Life' & 'Healthspan'
- Optimizing energy levels, vitality and productivity
- Maintaining sexual health
- Maintaining skin health (elasticity and appearance)
- Maintaining normal body weight and composition (maintaining normal muscle, bone and fat mass)
- Optimizing exercise capacity
- Optimizing sleep quality
- Maintaining mental health (avoiding depression, anxiety, mood swings)
- Avoiding or improving urinary incontinence (involuntary loss of urine)
Please call (415) 986-1300
to learn more.
You may alternatively complete the California Longevity & Vitality Medical Insitute
® Confidential Registration Form
for more information.